Further, Apple opens downgrade to lower iOS only for a limited period after the new iOS release. You can read more and dig deeper into this method here. Data corruption can sometimes cause files to seemingly disappear from your computer. Stellar is a data recovery software that helps you to recover deleted or lost data from SSDs, hard drives, and USB drives.
- To restore iOS firmware, all you need to do is to click several buttons.
- I had read every article, tech blog, and Apple support answer I could find to fix my “incompatible” iPhone backup and had tried everything.
- The first thing you should do when you start to suspect that your hard drive has become corrupted is to verify your suspicion.
Also tried logging into iCloud to “Find My Phone” but the phone couldn’t be found (perhaps because it is disabled). Not sure how to reverse the disabled status. After downloading this professional data recovery software, you need to install it on a computer. After that, you can recover data after an iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo issue. The steps are described in detail below. Here, we take the Windows system for example.
First things first, if you are trying to reset or restore your phone using your computer, restart iTunes/Finder and your PC to see if that helps fix the issue. A lot of times firmware issues happen because your computer cannot find or recognize the correct firmware files for your iPhone. If this is the case, you can simply just restart your PC and iTunes and that should stock ROMs resolve the “firmware file corrupt” issue. For whatever reason this does not help, move on to section 2. If a simple restart of your computer and iTunes/Finder did not work and you don’t understand why, it may be an issue of iTunes being out of date. What does “incompatible firmware file” mean?
- Instead of directly downloading the software on your iPhone, update via iTunes on a computer.
- Enter your Email ID below to get the download link.
- Here is a video tutorial about how to recover lost data with this software.
- Another power-related issue is the malfunction of the power cycle count.
- In some situations, as iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo when you update your iOS, you can deal with it by reinstalling the iOS.
The old alias now points to a nonexistent location and you get the error from above. Now, perform a fresh backup with iTunes. If instead of the Backups folder, there is an alias to Backups (shortcut called Backup), your files are located in the different directory. If this doesn’t work on your current iTunes version, make sure you have downloaded the latest iTunes and try restoring the iDevice again. Now you can download this software, then we will demonstrate to you how it works by introducing the Full Backup function. Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software.
However, your computer can detect a previously downloaded software update package that matches the device model. In that case, it’ll download a new IPSW file (and overwrite the older copy) only if there’s a more recent version of the system software (iOS or iPadOS). If the problematic app was causing the white screen issue, it should be resolved after removing it from your iPad.